Jamie Two Coats’ in Shelburne is Vermont’s better version of FAO Schwarz. Imagine walking into treasure chest full of amazing, beautiful, well made toys, games, dolls and dress up all in one place. That’s Jamie Two Coats’.
Here are just a few of the lines they carry:
- Angel Dear – blankies and baby clothes
- Floras books – indie publisher including international stories in translation & nostalgic classics
- Haba – beautiful heirloom quality toys and games
- Käthe Kruse dolls – unique and original dolls with hand painted eyes
- Lyra colored pencils and crayons
- Maple landmark – toys made in Middelbury
- Melissa & Doug – educational and classic toys
- Ostheimer – handmade wooden animals and figures
- Playmobil – plastic figures and themes with great attention to detail
- Zutano – Vermont children’s clothing
Every nook and cranny is full of color, imagination and creativity. The wall of art supplies may even bring out the artist in you! And the dress up room is like being in a dream surrounded by fairies, unicorns and knights in not-so shining armor and felt swords. We know people who come all the way from Manhattan to Vermont do their shopping for the little people in their lives.
If you have a child in your life, you should make a point of visiting Jamie Two Coats’. In fact, we’re sure you’ll find something not only for the young but also for the young at heart in this magical, hidden gem of a toy store.
Go. You have to see it to believe it.