On the 12th day of Christmas my true love sent to me
big picture farm
a vermont goat dairy & farmstead confectionery
Based in Townsend, Big Picture Farm is the home to almost 30 Saanens, Alpines and floppy-eared Nubians. Yes, we’re talking goats and these lucky guys get to roam freely around the farm eating what’s in season. Imagine their diet:
Spring – wild chocolate mint, clover, honeysuckle and other wildflowers
Summer – legumes and beans
Fall – crisp oak leaves, apples and ferns
Winter – white pine and hemlock saplings
And of course some premium local hay.
This varied and flavorful diet translates into milk that is “exceptionally floral and creamy” that is used to make:
– 2013 Good Food Awards winner
– 2012 SOFI Award for Outstanding Confection
– 2012 USDA Value-Added Producer Grant
– 2011 Winner of the BDCC/Strolling of the Heifers/Farm Business Plan Competition
And Louisa and Lucas aren’t just farmers. They’re also artists. Learn more about them and their journey on their blog, “Farm Weather”.
With their charming logo, packaging and commitment to their mission, Big Picture Farm is a farm to celebrate and support.
They get the big picture.
vermont brownie company
the gourmet brownie that’s down to earth
think about it, when’s the last time you ate a brownie that was not made from a mix in a box? have you ever had a made-from-scratch brownie? if you had, you’d know. they are much better. and how about a made-from-scratch-with-local-vermont-ingredients? ever had a vermont brownie company brownie?
if not, it’s time. not only are their brownies made from local, wholesome, farm-fresh, all natural ingredients; they are original as well. check out this list of flavors:
- apple blondies – apples, cinnamon, homemade maple toffee
- blondies – triple chunk – white, milk, dark
- dark chocolate chèvre – cream cheese with vermont butter and cheese chèvre. yes, you read it correctly – goat cheese in a brownie!
- espresso dulce de leche – green mountain coffee roasters dark roast espresso with swirls of homemade milk caramel. omg.
- maple toffee crunch – it’s all in the name
- peanut butter
- signature – dark, dark, dark
- walnut chunk – walnuts, chocolate chunks, sea salt
- white chocolate raspberry – seasonal
try them on their own or with ice cream. and make sure to spread the vermont brownie company love with:
the testimonials are impressive. your mouth will be watering as you read. our favorite vermont brownie company moment in the news is their throwdown with bobby flay – it was their dark chocolate chèvre that got his attention – take a look – just awesome!
so what are you waiting for? buy a box of these homemade brownies today.
you deserve it.
all handmade in vergennes, vermont these daily chocolates are unique and delicious. owned by chocolatier jen roberts and her husband judd markowski, these chocolates are:
- made in small batches
- hand cut & dipped
- GMO free
- made with local & organic ingredients when possible (monument farms & cabot creamery, just to name a couple)
- black rum caramels
- cara -mallows (that would be marshmallow, caramel & dark chocolate)
- caramel pretzels
- cherry wine clusters
- coconut clusters
- coconut lime creams
- delightful bars (coconut, almonds, dark chocolate)
- english toffees
- ginger orange clusters
- macadamia nut caramels
- peanut butter fingers
- pecan turtles
- peppermint patties
- tangerine infused dark chocolate with sliced apricot
or maybe barks are your thing – check out this impressive list – one for every mood:
- classic almond
- hazelnut cherry
- lemon lavender
- midnight mocha
- mountain (toffee, almonds, coconut, cherries, dark chocolate)
- mr. great (almonds, sea salt, milk chocolate)
- pistachio green chili
- toffee almond
- village (milk chocolate with toasted hazelnuts, cinnamon and espresso)
don’t you think you should be eating your daily chocolate?
you can have your craving and eat it to!
admit it. everyone has cravings.
so when you get that craving for something sweet look no further than these wholesome snacks packed with protein.
these protein bars, brownies and dry mixes are all handmade in vermont with the best ingredients and taste amazing – you’d never know they are actually good for you!
and they are all certified gluten-free*!
their flavors include (both bar and mix):
banana chocolate chip
snack smart. snack strong.
* just to be clear – the protein snack cake mixes are certified gluten-free and are made in a certified gluten-free facility in vermont. and their protein bars are made without gluten but are not baked in a certified gluten-free facility.
burlington farmers market
year round. rain or shine.
held outside in burlington every saturday from mother’s day weekend through the last saturday on october, this is one farmers market you don’t want to miss. you’ll find it right in downtown burlington’s city hall park, right off the church street marketplace. during the off months you’ll find the winter farmers market in burlington’s memorial auditorium.
you’ll find more than 60 stands will everything vermont from delicious foods, crafts, wares, flowers and lots of fun. It’s the best place to check out new vermont made goodies.
there is so much great stuff – we couldn’t give you our favorites because the list would be too long.
you’ll find products galore – it’s all there including:
fresh veggies & fruits
jams & jellies
put this on your calendar and plan on going every saturday, if you can.
it’s worth the trip!
oh – and don’t have cash handy? you can use a debit card at the market manager’s table.
buy local. buy vermont.
traditional shortbread and other scottish treats
ok, we know shortbread is scottish and we’re talking about shortbread made in vermont. this scottish shortbread is absolutely delicious and we think you won’t be buying the imported stuff anymore once you’ve tasted these sweets!
douglas sweets are made from an old family recipe with the finest vermont ingredients. they’ve got a wide variety of choices:
- chocolate – dark, milk & white
- creme dementhe
- hot chile
- orange spice
- pistachio lavender
- vermont maple (of course)
- sandwich filled chocolate dipped
- scottish s’more
- peanut butter
- raspberry dark chocolate
- raspberry white chocolate
p.s. they’ll be at the burlington wine & food festival on june 23rd